Christal House: Built in 1906 by Frank Craft for Margaret and J.R. Christal, owners of the Golden Hoof ranch. The house is Italian Renaissance style. It was one of the first in Denton built with indoor plumbing and only electric power. Bracketed eaves and Corinthian columns surround the wide veranda. Six distinct coal fireplaces provided warmth for the family. Golden oak accents the embossed copper ceiling in the dining room. The rear building was the carriage house where Mr. Christal kept his horse and buggy to return each weekend to his ranch (via Jim Christal Rd), working weekdays as President of the Exchange National Bank.